The Clinton Foundation convenes businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change. Because of our work, nearly 35,000 American schools have provided kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 150,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increased market access; working with partners, more than 8.5 million trees and tree seedlings have been planted to strengthen ecosystems and livelihoods; over 600,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises and health and wellbeing programs in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated 85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,600 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 435 million people in more than 180 countries.
The Host/Hostess provides an exceptional customer service experience by promptly greeting customers and seating the patrons in a friendly, courteous manner and maintaining the overall flow of guests in the restaurant; ensuring a good impression of the restaurant. This position must always greet guests with a warm smile and make them feel welcome. As guests leave the restaurant, s/he ensures they had a memorable experience and s/he will invite them back. S/he will also perform a variety of other tasks at Forty Two which may include ringing up orders, refilling beverages, setting tables, and cleaning eating/serving areas; performing all other responsibilities as assigned or directed by management.
1. Greets guests with a smile when arriving and departing; Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities; always provides exceptional customer service.
2. Maintains a wait list when the restaurant is full; answers phones, & checks messages at least twice per day; takes reservations and takeout orders.
3. Provides guest assistance to servers as needed.
4. Maintains a clean and organized work area and cleans tables and work areas as assigned.
5. Complies with all policies and standards/procedures applicable to the position, including attendance, time, quality control, and other standards.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. 1-2 years of prior work experience in customer service position preferred.
3. Exceptional customer service skills
1. Occasional Lifting Of Heavy (> 20 Lbs) Objects, Bending, Pulling, And Occasional Lifting, Carrying, And/Or Moving Boxes, Files, Etc., Some Of Which Could Be Heavy (>20 Lbs) Or Require The Use Of Carts. Must be able to reach, bend, and kneel.
2. Transports and carries objects (ex. high chairs) to all areas of restaurant throughout shift.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.