The Clinton Foundation convenes businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change. Because of our work, nearly 35,000 American schools have provided kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 150,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increabeen sed market access; working with partners, more than 8.5 million trees and tree seedlings have planted to strengthen ecosystems and livelihoods; over 600,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises and health and wellbeing programs in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated 85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,600 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 435 million people in more than 180 countries.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The primary purpose of this position is to drive innovative digital marketing strategies and engagement campaigns for the Clinton Foundation, resulting in increased brand awareness, program engagement, audience growth, and to assist in driving revenue. Working under the Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy and collaborating closely with the Marketing, Digital, Communications and Development teams, s/he will also oversee and implement the Foundation’s social media and email marketing program, as well as website content strategy.
The Deputy Director of Marketing, Digital Strategy is responsible for disseminating the Foundation’s mission, accomplishments, and stories to a variety of audiences. This position is critical to creating email, website, social media, and other digital content that meets the Foundation’s brand standards, visual design and voice. The Foundation’s digital channels are important in communicating with a variety of audiences, including supporters, partners, and media.
• Oversee social media team as well as the production of the Foundation’s editorial content and digital campaigns. Work collaboratively across departments to directly create and implement messaging across platforms.
• Develop and implement daily digital content and marketing strategies rooted in data and helpful in driving brand awareness and revenue. Develop a roadmap for ongoing, consistent outreach and engagement that will help grow and cultivate key audiences across platforms – social media, website, email marketing, media, paid advertising, and strategic media and organizational partnerships.
• Partner with the development team to deploy strategies that drive revenue.
• Oversee the email marketing engagement program, ensuring both quality of content, user experience, and program growth.
• Oversee acquisition strategies, with direct responsibility for list growth.
• Maintain email editorial calendar.
• Develop ongoing reporting system for campaigns and other digital experiences. Present plans and results to Foundation leadership to showcase successes and encourage evidence-based decisions.
• Provide strategic digital counsel to Foundation initiatives and departments in support of unique goals.
• Tracking industry trends and exploring additional channels for brand positioning.
• Staying current with latest web technologies; researching and making recommendations to implement
• Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed): Bachelor’s degree required.
• Work Experience (Minimum Needed): 6-8 years of relevant work experience. Nonprofit or other in-house experience a plus.
• Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job: Knowledge of Blackbaud CRM, Responsys. Knowledge of HTML a plus.
• Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.): Must be able to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously. Must possess the ability to work tactfully and diplomatically. Must be self-starter, detail-oriented, and organized.
• Special Skills (e.g. Technical, Advanced): Experience in responsive web design, debugging tools (eg. Chrome Developer Tools, etc.), and cross-browser / cross-platform development (including troubleshooting bugs and inconsistencies) preferred. Interactive design background, including experience with Adobe Creative Suite, preferred.
• Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required): Familiarity with Google Analytics, as well as customizing Drupal / WordPress (or a comparable CMS) from a content and front-end perspective is a plus. Strong communications skills for dealing with multiple internal and external constituencies. Ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Fast-paced office environment.
• May require travel, which may require walking distances, lifting & carrying luggage and boxes, and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
• Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
• Occasional lifting (15 > X lbs), bending, pulling, collating/filing, and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy or require the use of carts.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.