The Clinton Foundation convenes businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change. Because of our work, nearly 35,000 American schools have provided kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 150,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increased market access; working with partners, more than 8.5 million trees and tree seedlings have been planted to strengthen ecosystems and livelihoods; over 600,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises and health and wellbeing programs in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated 85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,600 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 435 million people in more than 180 countries.
The IT Associate is responsible for supporting all technologies used within the organization in Little Rock, ranging from telephones to computers to software, and has a direct impact on the productivity of colleagues. S/he will offer the first tier of technical support for the Foundation to colleagues in Little Rock, responding to issues in a timely manner and resolving them with a focus on customer service.
1. Provide first tier of technical support for the Clinton Foundation Little Rock office locations, offering timely, courteous service to fellow colleagues. Troubleshoot laptops, phones, printers, mobile devices, and their associated software and peripherals, escalating as necessary.
2. Document common technical support issues with resolution, proactively identifying recurring issue areas and implementing solutions. Document standard business processes.
3. Manage incoming and outgoing of personnel, as pertaining to IT requirements. Create user accounts in various systems.
4. Assist CRM Manager in providing on-site support for Blackbaud CRM, Altru products.
5. Update and develop business intelligence dashboards for the Clinton Presidential Center.
6. Assist IT team with various projects.
7. Provide audio-visual support for Great Hall events.
8. Document audio-visual equipment and processes for the Great Hall.
1. Associate degree in a technical field.
2. 1-3 years in a technical support role.
3.Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
4. Ability to problem solve. Excellent judgment and decision making. Ability to work independently and with a team. Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize on an ongoing basis.
5. Troubleshooting face-to-face, over the phone, and via email.
6. Strong reasoning and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to rapidly and independently learn new technologies.
7. EXPERIENCE PREFERRED OR DESIRED: Microsoft and other technical certifications desired. Familiarity with scripting (VBScript, PowerShell), Microsoft SharePoint, Group Policy, WSUS, HP products, and Web Help Desk a plus.
8. On call 24x7x365
1. Standard office environment. Fast-paced. Demanding.
2. This position will be based out of the Choctaw office but will require frequent travel to other Foundation Little Rock locations.
3. Occasional travel, which may require walking distances, lifting & carrying luggage and boxes, and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.