The Clinton Foundation convenes businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhood obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change. Because of our work, nearly 35,000 American schools have provided kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 150,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increased market access; working with partners, more than 8.5 million trees and tree seedlings have been planted to strengthen ecosystems and livelihoods; over 600,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises and health and wellbeing programs in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated 85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,600 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 435 million people in more than 180 countries.
The primary purpose of this position is… the Forty Two Pastry Cook creates an exceptional culinary experience for guests through the preparation and presentation of our menu. The Pasty Cook will prepare food according to standardized recipes and specifications while maintaning the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen including all floors, equipment, workstations and walls.
1. Prepares food according to standardized recipes and specifications with attention to sanitation, safety, and quality.
2. Complies with all policies and standards/procedures applicable to the position, including attendance, time, quality control, and other standards.
3. Maintains a clean work space at all times.
4. Maintains inventory levels and advises supervisor of low inventory items; Assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. At least 2 years cooking experience required including pastry food preparation.
3. Must be able to multi-task. Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
4. Forty Two functions seven days per week, and more than twelve hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times. Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays. Ability to work in noisy and distracting conditions.
1. Able to withstand hot temperatures for long periods of time while operating standard cooking equipment as designated by the station. Ability to move about facility, stand for long periods of time and able to bend and stoop.
2. Occasional lifting of heavy (>20Lbs) objects, bending, pulling, collating/filing/ and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy (>20Lbs) or require the use of carts.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.