Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The Chief Technology Officer (“CTO”) is responsible for defining the overall information technology (“IT”) strategy and driving its execution. The CTO partners with department and initiative leads to understand business needs and offers cost-effective technology solutions to help them achieve their goals. The CTO is responsible for the ongoing assessment and mitigation of IT and cybersecurity risk and aims to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IT operations globally
The CTO serves as a member of the senior leadership team, working with leadership to define and achieve Foundation objectives.
The CTO leads a team of 7 and is the primary relationship manager with outside vendors, consultants, and service providers.
The CTO is responsible for all IT data, systems, and operations throughout the organization; and thus has significant influence on the effectiveness of the organization and impact of the work.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position.
It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the positions.
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):
• Minimum Required: Bachelor of Arts with a technology focus
• Preferred: MBA or Master’s Degree with a technology focus
2. Work Experience (Minimum Needed):
• Minimum Required: 10 years, with 3 years in a similar role, leading IT for a medium-sized organization
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
• Broad understanding of IT, from operations and systems to policies and best practices. Experience running IT for a medium-sized organization.
4. Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
• Excellent judgement
• Ability to break down complex problems to make decisions and drive progress
• Ability to lead, develop, and inspire department staff
• Persuasive; able to influence behavior of others
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in large groups
• Drive to stay up-to-date with current IT trends and cybersecurity threats
5. Special Skills (e.g. Technical, Advanced):
• General understanding of hardware, software, operating systems, communication systems and protocols.
6. Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Analytic thinker
• Ability to learn and utilize new technologies quickly
7. Additional Comments:
• This position requires weekend, nights, and off peak hours, sometimes with very minimal advance notice.
• Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.