Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The CGI U Event Operations Coordinator will work directly with the Event Operations Manager to facilitate the successful execution of the CGI U 2018 meeting. This staff member will collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including CGI U and Clinton Foundation staff, the CGI U 2018 host campus, and potential external vendors or producers.
As an event logistics point of contact for the CGI U team, production consultants, and the host campus, this position must become familiar with the broader operations of CGI U as both an organization and an event, and be willing to help out on miscellaneous projects should they arise.
This is a project-based position that would be expected to work full-time from approximately August 1 until October 1.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Contribute to overall strategy and long-term planning processes for CGI U.
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):
• Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree required
2. Work Experience (Minimum Needed):
• Minimum Required: 2-3 years
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
• Working knowledge of the broader non-profit and higher education sectors is preferred but not required.
• Event planning and execution experience strongly preferred.
4. Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
• Ability to multi-task, strong organizational and follow-through skills, high level of professionalism, ability to maintain composure under high pressure situations, highly detailed-oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective external communication skills,
5. Special Skills (Technical or Advanced)
• Strong knowledge of Excel required; knowledge of BBCRM, or other relevant relational data bases preferred.
6. Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required):
• Foreign language skills a plus but not required.
7. Additional Comments
• Ability to work in a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to travel domestically and work on multiple time zones, as necessary.
• Office Environment: Constant computer work requiring repetitive motion, prolonged sitting and sustained visual/mental demands. Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which may be heavy (>15 lbs.) and require use of carts.
• Travel Environment: Occasional long-distance travel (sometimes to developing countries) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25 lbs.) or prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.