Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.
The Metrics Analyst will assist with all aspects of the Clinton Foundations metrics and measurements work including preparing the measurement framework, reports, spreadsheets and following up on metrics, indicators, current development and M&E trends and associated information. The Analyst will prepare info-graphics, charts, graphs, landscape analysis, theories of change and other ancillary and background materials to support the CF metrics work. The analyst will conduct research on peer organizations and other related areas in connection with the metrics exercise. Frequent engagement with CF initiatives will be required. The Analyst will work closely with the Metrics team and other groups and departments as necessary to integrate the metrics data into current systems and verify the accuracy of information in CF documents and external communications.
The Analyst will be relied on to conduct comprehensive and accurate research and analysis of Clinton Foundation initiatives’ and programs’ metrics in order to inventory, measure and advance the work of the Foundation. The Analyst’s work will be important to the proper functioning of the Foundations’ metric’s work and will help determine how the information is managed, organized and presented.
1. Assist with all aspects of the metrics and measurements work including preparing reports, spreadsheets and other documents and following up on metrics, indicators and associated information. Prepare info-graphics, charts, landscape analysis, theories of change, graphs and other ancillary and background materials to support the CF metrics.
2. Engage with CF initiatives and departments on their metrics and help to develop CF strategies that lead to a comprehensive approach
3. Assist with other related research and drafting work as needed.
4. Research peer organizations, M&E trends and other related areas in connection with the metric exercise.
5. Work on developing a CF metrics dashboard and related platforms as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• As required/requested by the Foundation.
• Attend external meetings, conferences and events as needed in regard to metrics and monitoring and evaluation.
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):
• Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
• Preferred: Master’s Degree with a focus on metrics.
2. Work Experience (Minimum Needed):
• Minimum Required: 1-2 years.
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
• In-depth understanding of metrics, M&E methods, approaches and trends.
4. Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
• Ability to multi-task and very strong attention to detail
• Ability to adapt and work in a very flexible, fluid, and evolving environment
5. Special Skills (Technical or Advanced)
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Good familiarity with philanthropic databases as well as modeling and forecasting.
• Knowledge of impact investing and econometrics a plus.
6. Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required):
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good math skills
7. Additional Comments
• Must be adaptable and able to work under high pressure situations and with tight deadlines. Must be able and available to work nights and weekends sometimes on short notice.
• Travel Environment: Occasional long-distance travel (sometimes to developing countries) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25 lbs.) or prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
• Office Environment: Frequent computer work requiring repetitive motion, prolonged sitting and sustained visual/mental demands. Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which may be heavy (>15 lbs.) and require use of carts.
TThe Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.